Summer is always a busy time. We've barely been able to keep pace with ourselves lately - but we've had a good time nonetheless!
Last week our friend, Eric, who recently moved home to Ellisville, Mississippi had a work gig in Jackson and came to stay with us on Thursday and Friday nights. We really enjoyed having him here. He was a big encouragement to us in a down time.
Friday was an off-Friday for Michael. The vehicles finally got their new Rankin County tags. We've lived in Rankin County for 6 months now - so it was about time. Michael also got a second round of vaccinations (follow up to the ones he got prior to leaving for Peru) and mowed the grass in the grueling summer heat (it hits 90 degrees by 9:00 am right now).
On Saturday and Sunday, we traveled down to Lafayette, Louisiana to see my grandmother. Lafayette is only about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Jackson. We enjoy being close to family (the Mississippians will balk at 3 1/2 hours being "close" - but it's the closest family we have!) and getting to see my grandmother and uncles/aunts relatively often. It had been almost 6 months since we were last in Lafayette, so it was definitely time to go for a visit. We enjoyed spending time with my grandmother, helping her with a little yard work, meeting my cousin's new baby - Aiden and seeing the rest of the family too. About 30 minutes out of Jackson, I realized that I had forgotten my camera. I was kicking myself the whole way down there!
I promise that I really will post more pictures from Peru soon. We got a bunch more in the mail from our travel buddies last week - so we're excited to share them. We just need to be home for a night or two... It will happen someday - really!
16 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment