The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

12/03/2006

Highpoint #16 - Jerimoth Hill, Rhode Island

Posted by Jen |

Today we summited the Rhode Island highpoint, Jerimoth Hill. Jerimoth Hill is less than an hour drive from where we are living. It is an easy drive and super easy hike. However, we had an adventuresome afternoon thanks to camera batteries that die with absolutely no warning.

Not so funny enough, I had thought to check the batteries before leaving our hotel - as the camera got quite a workout over Thanksgiving. I checked the camera - there was no sign of a low battery - so we trekked out to the highpoint. One picture into our highpoint adventure the camera battery died and there was no reviving it. So we returned to the car and spent 30 minutes scouring the area (there is nothing out there!) for a convenience store or gas station. We finally found one and arrived back to the highpoint with 10 minutes to go before it closed for the evening. Rarrgghh!















The BD Food Mart that saved the day!

Being quite high strung and energetic after our battery finding mission, we took some crazy pictures and then headed back home to good old Mass.




















Warning: Smiles and fun ahead!




















One cool dude marking the way to the highpoint















The USGS Survey Marker




















Making it official




















Check out the spectacular view




















Coyotes beware!




















Tribute to my highstepper sisters... or else that kids clothing magazine from CCH




















Break it down, Bill!

Only one New England highpoint to go - Mount Katahdin in Maine. Hiking it is a bit out of question right now. We'll have to try again later... in the correct season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! They brightened my monday mornin!

Jen said...

Ha ha ha ha! I love these pictures. They crack me up!! I was being crazy insane.

We'll talk regarding the jeans... They may be yours soon. :)

Subscribe