The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

12/25/2006

Kelly's Homecoming

Posted by Jen |

We welcomed my sister, Kelly, home from Peru about a week ago. Wes (newest addition to the family) had never met Kelly in person. My youngest sisters hadn't seen Kelly in a year and a half. My mom, my dad, Michael and I all visited Kelly this summer in Peru - but we still went 6 months with no sister/daughter. As evidenced from the puffy faces in the pictures - there were a few tears shed during our reunion.















Welcome Home Kelly!
From Left: Teri, Christy, Kelly, Mom B, Jen

We spent Saturday and Sunday in Houston - catching up with friends, hosting a welcome home reception for Kelly and apartment looking for Teri downtown (she has an internship next semester in downtown Houston).















Lunch at La Madeline in River Oaks - no culture shock here for Kelly!
From Left: Wes, Jen, Mom B, Kelly, Christy, Teri















The Brashear building downtown
Backs to the apartment where Teri will be living
What are the chances?















Wes opening his Christmas presents - too much fun!
...and creative usage of the bows

On Sunday we had a reception for Kelly at the church we used to attend in the Woodlands. We got to catch up with lots of old friends. We ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (I ate there 6 times in 7 days - yikes! ...and no, I didn't have Cheesecake every time I went) and then began the 8 hour drive back to Oklahoma City.















Brashares girls after the reception
From Left: Teri, Jen, Mom B, Kelly, Christy















Family picture
With a very squished Dad :)

I spent Monday through Wednesday morning in Oklahoma with my family. We had a "sisters night out" and moved Christy home from OU for the winter break.










Sisters Night Out
From Left: Kelly, Teri, Christy, Jen

I flew out on Wednesday morning - sad (and long - uggghh traveling during the holidays) day.

1 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

what beautiful women!
so sweet and fun-
i love la madeline!

Subscribe