The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

1/31/2007

Pictures from our Cross-Country Trek

Posted by Jen |

Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures on our journey out to Colorado. Well, to begin, our car was literally packed to the ceiling (the pictures below don't quite do it justice) and the camera was not super accessible. Once we got all the stuff in there, we tried not to touch anything until we got to Colorado. We were also trying to haul about 1,000 miles each day - so "stopping to smell the roses"... which included taking pictures if it couldn't be accomplished while driving... was not our #1 priority. Then, have you ever driven through Iowa and Nebraska? Not a heck of a lot worth taking pictures of. Lots of fields, grain silos, etc. "Have we actually gone anywhere in the last 6 hours? I could swear I just saw that I've been here before." Hmmmm... Nevertheless, we did take a few pictures.



















A moment of happiness somewhere in Iowa















Ridiculous amounts of stuff
...oh yeah, I guess I'm in the picture too :)



















Driving Man
Thank goodness he's good at driving in ice and snow!















Another shot of the packed-to-the-ceiling car
The pictures really don't do it justice. If the car wasn't covered in snow below you could see everything crammed against the windows. We had zero visibility out of any of the rear (side or back) windows.















A cold Stewie car in the snow in Des Moines, Iowa
Quizno's sure was a good lunch!

0 comments:

Subscribe