Sorry that we've been somewhat absent from the blogging world lately. We've been crazy busy.
At the beginning of June, Michael headed out to one end of the country and I went the opposite direction. Michael traveled to Idaho Falls for a work project. It was quite the eventful week, as while Michael and the plant electricians were doing a measurement, there was a small electrical explosion - called an arc flash. Thankfully everyone involved was wearing their safety gear and no one was hurt. There has been quite an extensive investigation though and it's been the cause of some significant stress and worry in the last two weeks.
Meanwhile, while Michael was in Idaho, I spent a week in Houston preparing for a big annual meeting my company will be hosting in July. I got to spend some fun time with friends - including meeting baby Lindsey and hanging out with my college roomies, one of who is expecting a little one in July.
Roomie time
Jess with Baby "Jack," me and Jen (MIA Bethie)
That weekend, my Peru sis - Kelly, came back home for the summer. We had a joyful reunion, complete with typical Brashares family chaos (there are plenty of pictures to prove this point... perhaps I'll post a few of my favorites). On Sunday, we all drove to see my grandmother and extended family in Louisiana. I'm crazy enough to drive four hours there, hang out for four hours and then turn around and drive four hours back. It was great to see everyone though.
Brashares Family Reunion
Christy, Wes, me, Teri, Kelly, Mom, Dad - MIA Michael (aka Goodie)
Monday, I worked the morning in Houston and then flew out to D.C. for a series of meetings. I was blessed to be able to stay with Michael's parents, who now live in D.C., while I was there. I have to say that we were a bit bummed when we found out they were moving to the east coast right as we were moving to Colorado - BUT I can't tell you how nice it was to actually stay at home rather than in a hotel. Travel is glamorous and all - but after a while nothing beats home (and hugs and good company and home-cooked meals :).
I finally returned to Colorado after two full weeks of travel (and chaos on the flights coming home due to severe weather). While in D.C., I got hit with a ton of bricks with some REALLY unexpected news about a good friend. Some things just leave you absolutely speechless. I'm still struggling to recover and process the news.
It's been nice to be home for a week. Michael was wonderful to me and cleaned the house and cooked all the meals for the week before I got home. Huge stress relief! He really knows how to show me love in ways that really speak to me. Still there has been lots of laundry, updating finances, trying to catch up on undone projects, etc. Two weeks on the road will put you pretty far behind. The unfortunate thing is that I'm about to have to do it all again...
It's gotten HOT in Colorado the past week or two (as evidenced by pictures below). So much for the nice 30-50 degree temperatures that we were experiencing at the beginning of the month. The air conditioning has finally come on during the day - although it is nice enough at night that we can turn it off and open the windows. (Oh yeah... and as it would go, the air conditioner on the Saturn went out yesterday as I drove to meet Michael for a nice little anniversary lunch. Hottest day of the year so far - 99 degrees in Denver. Thanks, Stewie!)
The other unfortunate thing is that I still do have allergies. Dang it! :) I thought I might be cured here. In reality, spring just doesn't happen until June. At least allergy season is much shorter!
16 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment