Continental has long been my preferred airline. I have been quite vocal to many about my opinions in the past. However, I have recently come to a realization. In moving from Jackson to Denver, I transitioned from the puddle-jumper planes (aka Continental Express) to the big jets (aka Continental). I realized that I am NOT a fan of Continental but that I loved Continental Express. You wouldn't think there would be a big distinction...
In probably 300 or 400 flights on Continental Express, I could probably count the number of delays or cancellations I experienced on my two hands. Just in the last month, I have had over half of my flights cancelled or delayed to the point that I couldn't make it home. Frustrating (especially when you've already been on the road for three weeks straight). It happened on two outbound D.C. flights in a row. Not a happy camper.
Then, the big-airline agents haven't been at all friendly or accommodating when there are problems.* The flight crews haven't been friendly either. Quite the contrast to the past, where folks seemed to go out of there way to keep you happy (and you would think they would for people that are their "elite members" and fly as much as we do on the airline).
To top it all off, on our flight out to D.C., a roach fell out of the ceiling and landed in my coworkers "snack" (little sandwich meal-thing they serve on the flight). I was sitting right next to her. After trapping the roach under her cup, the guy next to us tried to kill it but missed. It ran down her leg and escaped. There's nothing like being in a confined space (she was in the middle seat, seat belted in, with her tray down) with a roach on the loose. I could barely sit in my seat for the rest of the flight. Ugh...
*Take for instance, the fact that for the latest D.C. flight that was cancelled, I stood in line for an hour waiting for an agent to help me - and they kept bypassing the line and helping other people from the e-check in machines. There was a U.S. Airways flight direct to Denver with empty seats that boarded and announced final boarding calls while I stood there waiting in line. I could have easily gotten home that night if it weren't for the lack of timeliness and help from the agents.
17 years ago

1 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA! And then we hear about it on the daily! That was traumatic I'm sure...
Post a Comment