The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

8/07/2007

Lull in the Storm

Posted by Jen |















The view at sunset last night
Looking toward the bluff at the end of our street

With all the storms lately, I have been expecting to see a brilliant rainbow. In fact, I've run out into the street a couple times in the pouring rain looking for one - when the sun has been out during a storm.

Last night I was driving home from the grocery store about sunset and it was gently raining. There was a full semi-circle rainbow in the sky to the east as well as the ends of a second rainbow. If you look closely in the picture above you can see the end of a second rainbow to the right of the one that's clearly visible. The picture doesn't quite do it justice (especially since our camera doesn't do so well at panoramic shots). The sky last night was beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw a double rainbow one night while we were out in the hot tub on the cruise...none of us had our camera :( It was so beautiful!

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

I love that you were looking for it and then casually found it!

Subscribe