The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

So this evening, I went jogging for the first time at over 6,000 feet. Michael went right after we moved here and it kicked him in the rear. I have way less stamina than he does so I was quite worried. Nevermind the fact that we've been mountain biking several times since we moved here and I've nearly died every single time for lack of oxygen.

I just decided to take it easy and see what I could do. I was actually amazed at how well I was doing. I was thinking to myself... 'I could get back into this regularly' UNTIL I turned around into a 20 mph headwind. No wonder it was so easy going out. Running home kicked me in the rear.

In the end, I was still proud of myself. I think I managed about a 3 - 3 1/2 mile run at 6,000 feet without dying. You have to start somewhere, right?

4 comments:

Mimi said...

running. ugh!

Loustalot said...

I don't think I'll ever get used to all the hills, I mean mts.
You're braver than me sister, keep it up! k

The Peahen said...

Sounds like you are doing great! I do good to get 3 miles a day in at sea level!

Christy Del Ben said...

I'm still not a runner, but I love my Hapkido! I'm up to wrist push ups! Yikes! One of my doctors at work calls my newfound hobbie "hillbilly scary". HA!
christy

Subscribe