So, as Jennifer mentioned, we had a mini adventure in Wakeeney, KS on the way home from the A&M - OU game. We stopped for gas and Jennifer went in the store while I filled up the car. After filling up I went in to use the restroom and get a Mountain Dew (mostly because our pastor in Jackson loved them and so it came to mind) to help me stay alert the remainder of the trip. Jen came out and said, "hey there was a guy in a Texas A&M Football shirt inside." I passed the guy as I was going in and he out, but didn't register fast enough to say howdy. When I went up to pay, there was this dude in front of me that looked Hawaiian or Samoan or something and with a long ponytail. He was probably about 5'10", but as he reached for his McDonald's bag after paying I noticed and semi-marveled at the fact that his arm had to be as big around as my thigh. Then I had a brief chat with the clerk about how the Mountain Dew would be $189 and that was a ripoff, but that it was all those girls fault who would give him a hard time if they knew he said that. He reminded me of a guy named Matt that came to work at Entergy Nuclear South Headquarters while I was still there. So, after my chat in the store, I walked out to find Jennifer talking to the guy in the Texas A&M Football shirt; who happened to be driving the car with Utah license plates that the leg for arms guy with McDonald's would be riding in. I heard the words "downhill" and "inconsistency" and unfortunately knew that they were talking about Aggie football. I made this comment and to my surprise Jennifer said, "Yeah, he's Misi Tupe's brother." That of course explained a lot about things. So we chatted with them for a bit, wished them a safe drive home and both prepared to grind out several more hours of driving. I felt for them, cause they had a whole lot further to drive than we did.
So yeah, that was our mini-adventure in Wakeeney. We met Misi Tupe's brother (or brothers?) at one of about three gas stations in town.
And one other thing that I don't think Jennifer mentioned. At the game, the Aggie Band was great as always, and then the OU band took the field for what I anticipated to be a typical band halftime show. I have to give props to the OU band though, for what turned out to be, hands down, the best halftime band performance by a band other than the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band. When the guy announced they would be doing a rendition of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" I think most of the audience was just kind of whatever. Things were normal until about 2/3 of the way through, when the band members all formed lines and then oddly stopped and put down their instruments. Not a typical band thing to do. Well, let's just use the word pandemonium to describe what happened when the head twitching commenced. See for yourself and I dare you to say it's not awesome, OU band or not.
16 years ago

3 comments:
That is freakin AWESOME! LOVED THE BAND!
That's great! I bet everyone went nuts!!
K, I know we HATE the sooners, about as much as we hate the t-sips (minus Thomas) and red raiders but i have to admit that is pretty clever.
Post a Comment