The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

2/27/2008

Little Bunny Follow Your Nose

Posted by Jen |

So spring is right around the corner and the neighborhood rabbits will be back in full force before long. No one can keep much of a garden around here thanks to their lovely presence.

Evidently rabbits have a keen sense of smell. When I was a very small child, one of my favorite books was the scratch-and-sniff "Little Bunny Follows His Nose" ...hop, hop, hop.

Evidently I have a very keen sense of smell also - for detecting natural gas. We had a small gas leak outside on our meter at our house in Mississippi. I found it one day as Michael was mowing the yard (great, eh?). This morning, I walked downstairs while Michael was taking a shower and smelled natural gas in the basement. For a while, I thought I was crazy but we ended up calling the utility folks out. Sure enough, there was a small leak in the connection to the burner on the hot water heater. We have a very advanced hot water heater evidently (the repair guy was cursing it) with an automatic pilot light - meaning that the gas only runs to the heater when it is on. The leak was only detectable when the unit was actually running. The repair guy was way impressed that I actually detected it.

Keen sense of smell for natural gas. Is that a marketable skill? Should I put that on my resume?

4 comments:

Loustalot said...

Most definitely. You could probably get a job on CSI!

Mimi said...

Is your favorite word "evidently"?
:o)

And are you comparing yourself to a rabbit? :o)

Just checking! Thank goodness for a keen sense of smell!

Jen said...

Evidently it is - LOL!

At least I'm not the RENT Energizer rabbit... :D

Mimi said...

OH NO! ha ha ha ha! That's scandalous!

Subscribe