The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

6/26/2008

The Grand Adventures of c.bob

Posted by Jen |

So Michael is continuously giving me a hard time about calling this:



















my "briefcase." So last night I asked him what I should be calling it. He came up with c.bob - "computer beast of burden."

c.bob is a good friend of mine. As c.bob routinely weighs more than my luggage, it is an absolute back-saver. The pain I endured before the days of c.bob! c.bob and I spend quite a lot of time together - especially of late. c.bob has made appearances in cities all over the U.S.

c.bob's travel schedule has been full in the past two months. c.bob started May in Oklahoma City with Christy's graduation. The day after returning from OKC, Michael took off for two weeks in Seattle and Kodiak, Alaska. At the end of that week, c.bob and I headed to Baltimore for a pharmacy conference.

Following four days in Baltimore, we headed to Houston for 10 days of preparation for the annual conference my company hosts in D.C. every year. From Houston, straight to D.C. for a week for the conference. We returned home the middle of the first week of June after three and a half weeks of solid travel. The week we returned, Michael was in Boston for the company-wide conference for his work.

Michael returned June 6 (really June 7 by the time his flight actually landed - I was asleep in the airport when he finally showed up). We all enjoyed a week home and a real weekend or two. On our "chill" weekend, we fit in a baby shower for a friend and a trip up Mt. Evans.

Last week, c.bob and I took to the road again - through Houston for a quick H.R. meeting with one of our interns and a government relations conference in Washington, D.C. We got to spend a little time with Mom and Dad Goodrum while in D.C. We returned Thursday night and, on Friday, Michael surprised me with a fifth anniversary trip to the California RedWOODs. He is amazingly creative and original with these kind of things. It was a jam-packed weekend but a ton of fun! It was nice to actually spend some time together after all the traveling.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like life will slow down much in the next couple months. Maybe September? We have lots of fun adventures planned though, in addition to more work travel. (Perhaps the reasons for the excessive blog neglect are becoming a bit more clear after this soliloquy. Lots of fun things to blog, but little time to do it lately.)

Next up: My family arrives less than a week from now for some fun over the Fourth. There will be 9 of us in our small little house! I'm sure there are many fun memories to be made there! Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Subscribe