The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

1/23/2009

Christmas in January

Posted by Jen |

So the blog is very neglected right now - sorry. Will work on getting some pictures and fun stuff posted. I think we may be all text on here. Yikes!

For now, and continuing in the text theme, a story about dinner.

Tonight I was craving Thai. We went to a little place nearby. Cute decor, good food. Hmm... the music. At first, the music was normal - well 10 or so years old but Top 40s from that era. Nothing too out of place.

A short time later the station switched to classical spanish. We decided it was "fusion" - spanish language music in a Thai restaurant. The hostess commented to the owner about how incongruent the music was.

A short time later the music switched again - to soft piano tunes. However, the closer I listened, the more puzzled I got. Soon enough, we confirmed that it was indeed Christmas music. O Christmas Tree was playing in the Thai restaurant in January. It was worth a good laugh if nothing else.

0 comments:

Subscribe