While not nearly as painful as real childbirth, I present to you the labor of our last couple months at work - www.cdaonline.org.
Here's a screenshot of what it used to look like:
Improvement much? Still a few bugs to resolve and additional components to add but major progress from the 90s website with circular navigation that didn't continue through the site (aaaahh!) that could have easily made the webpagesthatsuck rosters.
In truth, this site scared me when I was interviewing. I wasn't sure I wanted to work for a company that was in the technological dark ages (the job description also said I needed to be "computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2000"). Um last I checked using Microsoft Office Suite 2000 in 2009 does not qualify as computer literate - and no joke, when I showed up for the job, my computer had Office 2000. I'm happy to report that we've made big improvements in the technology department since I started.
I had tried to stay out of websites in my new position (not because I didn't want to help but just because they tend to take over everything) - but you can see how successful that venture was. We had some major glitches along the way (including a complete site failure without a backup a week before launch), but - now that we're launched - I am quite happy with the final product.
16 years ago

2 comments:
Thankfully my grammar on the pages of the new site isn't nearly as bad as it is in this post. No more posting at 11 at night.
I don't know why dentistry is afraid of technology...my school is just now starting to use the online resource Blackboard, you know instead of posting our test grades in the hallway.
Post a Comment