Busy week. Just returned from a work trip to DC that ran Sunday through Thursday. I was able to spend some time with Michael's parents on the front end, which is always great. On Sunday evening, we took the water taxi's from Alexandria over to the National Harbor - a new adventure (which is hard to come by given all the time spent in DC in the past). We enjoyed a serenade by a street musician harpist (quite unusual to see) and then a great Italian dinner in Old Town.
The conference itself seemed to go well. I really enjoy the crew that attends this meeting - it's a fun group.
As I've settled in to the dental world and state policy, I find that federal policy has a little less appeal now. I still enjoy it - but I definitely appreciate the openness and accessibility found at the state level. There were a couple moments that made me realize that I'm starting to lose my touch on DC, mostly attributable to the decreased frequency of visits (and perhaps the propensity for being sleep deprived during these conferences). It's been worth the trade-off though. I can't imagine traveling like I used to in this stage of life.
I returned to Denver on Thursday, regrouped at work on Friday and participated in Board meetings for work on Saturday. Not much rest for the weary! However, we made up for it by playing hard with the rest of the weekend. We got together with friends on Saturday afternoon and made our own sushi. We had a blast and were quite proud of our creations! There are supposed to be pictures coming soon. Sunday was a gorgeous day in Denver. I took full advantage with both a trail run and a bike ride. My legs are jelly now and ready to be immobile in front of a computer for a day or two anyway. :)
The conference itself seemed to go well. I really enjoy the crew that attends this meeting - it's a fun group.
As I've settled in to the dental world and state policy, I find that federal policy has a little less appeal now. I still enjoy it - but I definitely appreciate the openness and accessibility found at the state level. There were a couple moments that made me realize that I'm starting to lose my touch on DC, mostly attributable to the decreased frequency of visits (and perhaps the propensity for being sleep deprived during these conferences). It's been worth the trade-off though. I can't imagine traveling like I used to in this stage of life.
I returned to Denver on Thursday, regrouped at work on Friday and participated in Board meetings for work on Saturday. Not much rest for the weary! However, we made up for it by playing hard with the rest of the weekend. We got together with friends on Saturday afternoon and made our own sushi. We had a blast and were quite proud of our creations! There are supposed to be pictures coming soon. Sunday was a gorgeous day in Denver. I took full advantage with both a trail run and a bike ride. My legs are jelly now and ready to be immobile in front of a computer for a day or two anyway. :)
Michael with his new ride

0 comments:
Post a Comment