The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

12/31/2012

2012 in Review - December

Posted by Goodie |

December happened and I’m not sure how. I’ve only shoveled the driveway once. We haven’t been skiing yet (seriously not worth it, especially after the last season of dodging rocks and dirt).

Jennifer started December off with a conference at a 55+ golf resort sort of near Escondido, CA (this is in contrast to the conference in the Florida Keys last year). Jennifer does not play golf and there apparently was not much else to do there. And she forgot her running shoes. Needless to say she was pleased to come home. And I’m still traveling for work with trips to Chicago and Amarillo to close out the year.

Thankfully, Jennifer’s company identified a candidate for the person to assist her, and she will begin work in January. We also had a visit from some college friends, Beth and Jeff Sams. They were joined by their 9 month old son Jack, while their two year old daughter Cate stayed back in Dallas with her grandparents and their “special milk.” Unfortunately, Jennifer and I both contracted a sore throat/cold in the week leading up to the Sams’ visit so were not the best of hosts I don’t think. We did manage to hit up the French bakery and, where I so awesomely ordered Beth a delicious sandwich which centered around melted Brie in the midst of her avoiding dairy products because they upset Jack’s stomach. Yeah, who would be an awesome Dad? That’s like the time I served rare beef to a good friend from CU without knowing she was pregnant. Yep, I am great for infants.

So now we are a few weeks from Christmas and I think what we both want is peace and rest and good news in January. We would also love some snow, especially in Summit and Eagle counties, and a much calmer 2013.

We are looking forward to spending Christmas in Oklahoma with Jennifer’s family and hoping to finish all our Christmas cards before we leave so we can share the URL that encourages you to be reading this post right now. It has been quite a year with a lot of memorable times, good and bad, some notable accomplishments, and life changing news. We hope that your year has been memorable as well and perhaps with more ups than downs. We are thankful that through it all, God is faithful (since that’s what it means to be faithful) and are hopeful for what He has planned in the future.

1 comments:

Dianna said...

Sorry, just got around to reading this. Very busy here also. Thank you for the Christmas card. I'm very bad at getting around to those. Glanced down through previous blogs and was shocked and saddened to read about Jennifer's health problems. Very difficult situation, but, of course, you must consider Jennifer's well-being above all other concerns. I pray for your health and happiness for 2013.
Dianna

Subscribe