February 2012 included more craziness from work. Jennifer was into the Colorado legislative session and I had some projects that required more attention than usual.
I also started into my list of Thesis corrections provided by my thesis committee with hopes of having the edits wrapped up by March. I got relatively close to my goal. There was also a journal article to be completed (per degree requirements).
February 10, 2012 marked one year since I ruptured my Achilles tendon playing indoor intramural soccer at CU. I am thankful each time I go run, ride a bike, or sometimes just walking around, that I can do each of these things with relative ease after losing that ability for a period of several months in 2011.
![]() |
| Few years back The 30th Birthday Excursion |
Jennifer’s birthday came at the end of February, and she probably still reminisced about her 30th birthday excursion.
We also made a short whirlwind visit to Louisiana and Mississippi to see family and friends. We had great times seeing Mama (Jennifer’s grandmother), and were joined by Jennifer’s Mom, in Lafayette. We, as always, enjoyed the eating, like crawfish po-boys at the Olde Tyme Grocery. We also went to Jackson to spend some time with good friends from our Jackson days. While said friends don’t live in the U.S. on a permanent basis anymore, they were temporarily back in Jackson on account of having a baby. We had a terrific time catching up on all that had happened in the last few years, as well as meeting their new son. Our trip to Jackson included a visit to our old church, Pinelake, and a great afternoon with the Hoober family. We also made a quick stop to see friends in Ellisville, MS on the way back to the New Orleans airport and checked out the vintagely smart and classy Roberts Creative office/studio and saw their girls (and got a fantastic Disney princess sticker to wear on my pants).
We skied more even though it was mediocre.


0 comments:
Post a Comment