The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

4/01/2006

Rage Against US Airways

Posted by Jen |

What a weekend so far! So Michael got to go on a quick getaway to Boston this weekend (awash in Final Four chaos). Yesterday, when he was on his way home, his plane decided to leave a few minutes early without him. Did I mention that I detest US Airways? (I've had several similar experiences in my travels on the airline). They rerouted him to Memphis with his plane arriving at 10:30 pm. The good wife that I am - I drove to Memphis to pick him up. 6 hours round trip. We got home at 2 am. I don't remember the last time we stayed up past midnight! We were definitely hurting - and still so tired today.

Because of the unexpected Memphis trip I had to miss a surprise birthday party for our friend Sha last night. I was so sad to miss it - but I hear that they had a great time and that she was very surprised.

Prior to my trip to Memphis yesterday evening, I got together for a quick dinner with some family friends that were passing through town - the Hendersons. They are on their way to visit family in Virginia and Jackson was the first day stopping point (they started in Houston). It was so fun to see them and to catch up. I grew up with their sons - it's just amazing to look back. How times change!

This morning, I went to a baby shower for our friend, Catherine. Little Thomas is due in May. We're so excited for John and Catherine. Unfortunately for our checkbook, I have a weakness for baby gifts. :) But the stuff is just too cute. I bought Thomas a bunch of little duck things - a duck baby toothbrush, rubber ducky, hooded duck towel, bathrobe with a duck, a little duck outfit and a toy. It was all too cute! Heaven help us when we decide to have our own children someday!!

By now, the bulk of the activity for the weekend has passed. Given our fatigue, we are going to want to take it easy for the rest of the weekend ahead. I think Michael is planning to mow the lawn today - and I'll probably work on taxes. Bedtime will definitely be coming early tonight!

0 comments:

Subscribe