The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

8/15/2006

Pressure

Posted by Goodie |

I have been waiting for the right time for my inaugural post and that time is apparently not coming; so now it is here. There is a lot of pressure associated with my first post because of the expectations (even if they are self-imposed). Now, I have reviewed posts prior to their publishing, and even offered kind suggestions for correction of errors (though some I let slide), but I have not yet actually posted something myself. So here goes nothing. I found this today while I was at work, but I had to wait and check it out at home because my computer at work will not play streaming video from the web unless it arrives in the weekly yet arbitrarily scheduled "IE Update" (Perhaps one day I will post a particularly pleasing "IE Update" video for your viewing pleasure; you would either be reduced to the silent laugh or never return to our blog again so it's questionable). Anyway, I believe this lack of streaming video is really a conspiracy by our IT department to either maintain our focus at work or to maintain the solidarity (read boring monotony) that exists amongst our gray cubicles and stain-hider carpet. Kind of like the "wireless network" that they installed even though no one has laptops and those who do leave them docked, which means that they are connected to our intranet via their docking station*. This illuminated device appeared hanging from the ceiling adjacent to my cubicle upon my return from a business trip to Pittsburgh (cool city I thought). My co-worker asked me what that thing was (in words close to that) and I told him that it was part of the company's plan to control his mind and thoughts as part of our continuous improvement initiative. So anyway, I found this exceptionally hilarious post while perusing the David Crowder*Band website today. I was on the website because I was trying to find out how to write David Crowder and tell him that I really enjoyed his recent book Praise Habit:Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi (and his statements about barbecue among other things) without seeming like a stalker. I was originally going to send a handwritten letter because it is more personal than an email, but decided I did not want to disturb him or invade his privacy after having determined his home address based on names and places in his book along with the help of the internet (He did invite a bunch of people to the barn behind his house for a ho' down that was part of the A Collision album so it might not be unusual for someone to know where he lives but I didn't want to risk it). Well, they recently started a new thing on their website under the news section and posted some videos they found on YouTube involving (directly or indirectly) fans, the band, or their music. The first post is pretty funny, but we thought that the second post was hilarious. So, now that you forgot what this post was about, here it is. And in the words of David Crowder*Band, "Its time to see some sweet dancing."


*Actually, the wireless network is intended for use in the conference rooms, but its funnier as presented above

0 comments:

Subscribe