The Goodrums

Michael and Jennifer

2/13/2007

Michael's Handiwork

Posted by Jen |

So Michael showed off his home improvement skills this weekend by installing two new ceiling fans - one in our living room and one in the master bedroom (at least one ceiling fan courtesy of my Christmas present from work - a gift card to Home Depot :). The ceiling fans have made a HUGE difference, as neither of the rooms had overhead lighting previously.

In addition, I'm crazy and have slept with a fan for years. I can't sleep without the white noise from the fan. I have taken to traveling with a tiny little fan so that I can sleep in hotels, etc. I've been relying on my little travel fan for the past several months to allow me to sleep at night. I can finally go back to enjoying the ceiling fan and give the little travel guy a break! :)















The ceiling fan in the master bedroom















And again...















The fan in the living room
It matches our other fixtures and flooring perfectly



















From a distance...

Funny story... Michael assembled the fan in the living room on Saturday. It took several hours. He finally got to the end of the project - all triumphant - and was going through the "extraneous" pieces that were left over. In the process, he discovered he left off one of the cover pieces that go over the downrod on the fan. The only way to get it on was to dissemble and reassemble the entire fan. He was such a trooper. He fixed it right then - and he did the whole process in only about an hour. Home improvement projects... Aren't they great?!

0 comments:

Subscribe