"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."
- Elias Schwartz
A couple years ago, a guy named Jim Collins presented at a conference I was attending. Collins is a well known author and speaker on business management practices. During the presentation, we were urged to create a "Stop Doing List" (there's a great article explaining the Stop Doing List at that link). The stop doing list is intended to help simplify your life by looking at things you can stop doing to create more time and space in your life. Sometimes you need to stop doing even good things to make room for the best things in life.
So as opposed to resolutions that tend to increase stress, add to the busyness and keep the to-do lists never ending, this year I am making an effort to simplify. I have started composing a "Keep Doing List" and a "Stop Doing List," not only for the work practices that are Collins' primary focus but also for personal activities. Perhaps I'll share the list once I have it better fleshed out.

2 comments:
Sounds like you got it together! Happy New Year. k
great article...i read it and am thinking through a "stop doing list" as well. happy new year! r
Post a Comment