![]() |
| The graduate |
Jennifer spent a few days in Washington for a work conference and hung out with my parents. I began traveling for work too. I went to Amarillo, TX, Los Alamos, NM, and Sheridan, OR.
Oh, and I squeezed in graduating from CU. A small contingent of family and friends came to celebrate the event as I officially became just a full-time employee (Jennifer says whoop! to that). We checked out the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs while graduation visitors were around.
![]() |
| Olympians? |
We also participated in the Rugged Maniac obstacle/mud run in Denver with some friends and neighbors. The morning of the race it was in the mid 30’s and raining. Dozens of participants were treated for hypothermia (and we had signs of hypothermia by the time we finished). The race email later told everyone they were ultra mega super rugged. I think it really meant we were more maniacal, but anyway.
I also signed up for a Ministry Leadership Training (MLT) at our church because I had previously volunteered to serve on a committee at church and figured I should participate in said training. What I didn’t know at the time was a) I was going to spend the month of May in hotels, and b) that MLT really meant “Seminary light” and expected you to have superhuman reading powers like Jennifer, be able to consume several hundred page books in a matter of hours, and routinely share brief exposes of said books in written form. I do not have superhuman reading powers like that. My superhuman reading powers consist of reading at such a pace that I can process and remember what I read. It is December; I have one and one-half books left to read for MLT.
- 2009 Impreza WRX with less than 5,000 original miles.
- Probably 30 – 40 minutes (I lost track of time).
- Scenic section of Colfax into foothills.
- Spontaneous decision to attempt cloverleaf onramp to I-70 into mountains and necessary meandering on roads including a short stretch of flying over 100 mph down the interstate(the salesman assured Jennifer it wasn’t that fast).
- “Missed” dinosaur lot exit resulting in “surprise” from salesman = test drive on a private, curvaceous two-lane mountain road. Salesman instructed to “use the whole road.”
- Jennifer got to drive too and later said, “I’m having to convince myself not to buy that car.”
- Definite winner of the best test drive.



0 comments:
Post a Comment